Wisport Raccoon 45L Rucksack A-TACS GHOST
The Raccoon 45 liters backpack, part of Wisport line of the latest generation of survival packs, is based on the well-known concept of its 65 and 85 litres capacity predecessors, being a compromise between size and weight. It's made of extremely durable Cordura Nylon and developed in collaboration with Polish Military forces.
The main compartment can be easily divided into two smaller sections using an internal compartment division hood, creating the top section of 2/3 of the capacity and the bottom one of about 1/3 of total capacity. The inner hood comes with a drawstring, which partial span allows carrying long items (rolled foam pad, tripod, etc.). The backside of the main compartment has a flat hydration compatible pocket, which can also be used for carrying a laptop or small radio station. Above the flat pocket is large zip pocket, hook for attachment of hydration bag and passage hole for hydration hose or antennas. The passage hole itself is protected against water trickling down the hose or the air. The access to the main compartment is possible from the top or the bottom through the flap closed with a thick, plastic, Wisport branded zipper. The top flap of the backpack is removable and has two pockets - also with Wisport zippers.
The main advantage of the Raccoon 45 backpack is fully adjustable FAS Plus ergonomic military carrier system. The system allows adjusting the backpack while on the move, depending on the angle of descent or ascent. This feature is also helpful when wearing any extra equipment such as a tactical vest or plate carrier.
Wide and ergonomically shaped shoulder straps and padded waist belt help to distribute weight evenly and relief the pressure. The belt can easily be detached from the rucksack which allows the use of modular weapon belts together with a tactical vest. Quick-release Fastex buckles allow the backpack to be quickly dropped on the ground when required.
The compression straps allow the backpack to be adapted to the size of carried kit and prevent it from shifting inside the bag, which may cause unnecessary noise, discomfort and disturbance to the balance. Front of the backpack, side panels and the lid has a multiple MOLLE strap attachments points, which allow for mounting various MOLLE accessories i.e. backpack bags, first aid kits and pouches. Moreover, multiple Nylon straps permit the outside fixation of much bigger items that will not fit inside, or because they need to remain on hand. Thanks to this the overall capacity of the rucksack may be significantly greater than nominal 45 litres.
Amongst many interesting design solutions of this backpack, there are durable handles on both sides, which are perfect when crossing fords (river crossings) or lifting the backpack from the ground. What is more, the Raccoon backpack comes with a rain cover as a standard accessory, hidden in the compartment on the bottom of the bag and fastened with Hook and Loop.
- Capacity: 45 litres
- Main compartment with two separate chambers
- Two lid pockets with zip closure
- Two side pockets
- Quick-detach system
- FAS Plus Military carrying system
- Adjustable shoulder straps and back section padded with air mesh
- Strengthened, enlarged and adjustable waist belt with buckled strap
- Adjustable chest strap with buckle
- Tough aluminium frame painted in black
- Lifted and removable lid with Hook and Loop, and buckles
- Hook and Loop panel on the lid
- Snow collar with drawstring
- Allows the use of hydration systems
- Passage to the main compartment for a drinking tube
- Hydration hose mounting brackets on both shoulder straps
- Durable carrying handles on both sides
- Nylon straps for attaching sleeping bag
- Loops and elastic bands on shoulder straps
- MOLLE compatible with multiple attachments points
- Multiple compression straps with buckles
- Durable Wisport zippers
- Duraflex and ITW NEXUS buckles
- Rain cover on bottom (included)
- All seams secured
- DuPont Teflon fabric protection
- Material: Cordura
- External dimensions: approx. 20"x13"x11" (50x32x28cm)
- Weight: 2400g
- Manufacturer: Wisport
- Manufacturer's number: RACCOON45ATACS-GHOST
- Made in Poland
- Five years manufacturer's warranty